Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Strolling Along

Urgh. It's getting close to that time. Time for the dreaded double stroller.

For the past 6 months I've managed with Bear's behemoth Graco Quattro (WTH was I thinking? Really?) & a sling for the fat man. Or, if the Hubband is along for the ride, we take the beast for Roo & the umbrella stroller for Bear.

I plan on getting a more comfortable sling for Roo, to try & avoid the double for a little longer. Totally lurved the ring sling up until about the last month. It's getting to be too much for my shoulder & back.

One of my mom friends has turned me on to the Sleepy Wrap, which I'm planning on getting so that I can still carry Roo on quick trips.

But with summer coming up & lots of outdoor time planned, I can't really expect to carry Roo constantly. Hello heat rash. I know I can't trust the Bear to walk independently for anything more than a quick trip, so it seems my best option for when it's just the 3 of us (which it is about 99.9% of the time) is to invest in another friggin' stroller.

So my question to you, internet, is: what has been your preference in doubles? I've narrowed it down to 3 options, so I'm looking for a little feedback in what other people have found that works for them.

And puh-lease. Please do NOT suggest the Graco DuoGlider. Just looking at that monster makes me want to cry.

Here's what I've found:

Chicco Trevi Twin Stroller: I like this one for it's smaller size & the fact that it's lightweight. Downside? I worry about being able to fit through doorways since it is a side by side.



Baby Trend Double Sit-n-Stand: I picked this one over the other Sit-n-Stands that don't offer the back seat, just the bench & handle bar for the kids because Bear still enjoys riding in the stroller & again...not sure she is ready for the amount of independence that would come along with not being IN a seat.



InStep Suburban Safari: I've heard a lot of positives about a jogging stroller versus the traditional 4-wheeled strollers-ease of maneuverability, comfort, weight, etc. Again, though, same as the Chicco-would it fit through a doorway? Also, how compactly does it fold up? The Graco monster I currently own takes up almost the entire back of my Jeep, so that's definitely an issue for me.



So. Internet. Any advice?

0 comments: